Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fiddle Dee Dee...51º

Time was all my own yesterday as Herb left early, with the list, for Costco...Short ribs were simmering in the oven, timed to be ready for dinner at 2pm...In my mind I was going to wash windows inside and out...I managed 3 outside and 1 inside before my knee began to swell and ache...By that time Herb was back home, we had dinner and I elevated and iced the knee through the afternoon...Windows  will wait for another day.

Pat and I video chatted, she from a beautiful B & B overlooking her childhood home of O'Dell, Oregon near Hood River...Smoke is also a problem there and they viewed Mt Hood through a haze...She said the "Mountain" looked ghostly as it's outline faded in and out of the smoke.

Late afternoon after a  refreshing shower, I dressed in my favorite capri's and pink shirt, swallowed 2 advil and headed out the door to pick Pam up for our outing to the Elgin Opera House and a performance of "Fiddler on the Roof"...It seems a short drive to Elgin as we talk non-stop arriving just in time to pick up tickets, a small bag of popcorn and a small pepsi to share...We climb the stairs to our favorite balcony seats, scan the program for familiar names, before the lights dim and our setting is transformed into a different time and place...Times passes quickly with singing, dancing, laughter and drama...Intermission and then the final curtain...Another amazing performance by amateur actors and actresses who have committed themselves to hours of rehearsals for our enjoyment...I arrive home shortly before midnight, no need to unwind, just crawl into bed and i'm out like a light until 6am.

Sun is shining this morning, again through a smoky haze...Thunder storms and maybe a little rain are predicted...Hugs to All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment