Monday, September 24, 2012

Wonderful Rain...50º

I checked back in my blog to see when I posted our last rain storm...It was July 1, 2012...Little did I know then that we would have almost 3 months with no rain...We started work in the garden about 7am and thought it might open up and chase us into the house, never did so we just kept working and Herb turned on the irrigation when we finished about noon, not knowing if we would really get rain or not...He did the heavy hauling and digging, while I pulled spent plants and harvested the potatoes from their straw bed...We gleaned cabbages, carrots, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and a couple of cucumbers...Now the space is almost ready for Herb and Rusty to plant garlic sometime in the next month.

Early morning before we went out I started a double batch of buns and a batch of roll dough...After the garden was done I came into dough rising and roll dough, still in the sponge, patiently waiting for more flour...Two hours later we had fresh buns for our dinner of hamburgers and cinnamon rolls waiting for their frosting...When the cinnamon rolls came out of the oven I had a large pan of ham and beans ready to go in and cook for the rest of the day...You might ask, why such a flurry of activity?..Well it is count-down time to my knee surgery and I think my guys will appreciate some food cooked in advance.

I have a PT appt. this morning and have to fill out the pre-surgery paperwork (ugh) and take two cleansing showers with special soap to rid my body of all the bad bacteria before surgery...One tonight and one in the morning...I wonder where my "good bacteria" is going to hide out so I only kill the bad stuff...I believe in being clean but this doesn't make much sense to me!

Late afternoon it did start to rain, a nice steady downpour, continued off and on until about 9pm, maybe we will get more today, then it looks like it will taper off and stay in the upper 70's for the week...I must get moving...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment