Friday, September 28, 2012

Approaching Fall...54º

Beautiful fall days, lots of sunshine with cooler nights...Herb and Rusty worked in the garden plot yesterday...After the rain and some sprinkling the ground seemed just right for a light rototilling...I have been avoiding the use of the tiller for about 5 years now by adding lots of compost to the garden in layers each fall then come spring we plant directly into the mulch with pretty good success...But this year with no rain all summer the ground was hard packed so after H & R spread manure, straw, alfalfa pellets and other compost Rusty did a light tilling and it now has the winter to decompose and should be ready next spring...The garlic can be planted anytime.

Pat stopped by in the afternoon for a short visit and one of her special dinners "Chicken in Wine Sauce" for our dinner tonight...Yummy

I spent the day mostly in my recliner and a short time on the deck soaking up some much needed rays...I felt good enough to be frustrated because I couldn't do things that I see need to be done and I especially wanted to be outside watching the garden work...I have a PT appointment and dressing change today so will unhook the ice machine and get dressed and moving...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment