Monday, September 3, 2012

...44º

Cool nights find Herb and I looking for a heavier shirt both in and out of the house, also a small quilt morning and evenings...It was warm enough midday that I spent time on the deck making garlic braids for special friends...Now I have more garlic to clean before it is time to plant and dry the remainder for winter...We haven't had a frost yet but the cool nights keep the garden from producing...Soon the potato vines will start to die back and then it will be time to plant next years garlic crop.

We dined on slow cooked pork ribs, finished off on the BBQ, with fresh green beans, tomatoes, corn and cucumbers...I love the summer meals, easy to prepare and wonderful to eat...I feel like royalty with meals like this, no special sauces or fancy names just fresh food from the garden, add a little butter and salt.

Sun is up, looks like another glorious day in Wallowa County and I have tomatoes ready to roast....Hugs to All...OWAV:)






No comments:

Post a Comment