Thursday, September 6, 2012

Salsa...52º

Today is the day for salsa making, that is if the jalapeño and bell peppers arrive at the farmers market this afternoon or if they don't I will go to Safeway and see what I can find along with fresh cilantro, then we will add all this to the ripening Roma's, homegrown garlic and onions, after they are chopped...Simmered to blend the flavors, then ladled into jars and sealed before it ends up on the cellar shelves...Mule Days, where Herb and I volunteer, starts tomorrow and chores at home will have to wait.

Yesterday I had two things on my list...First was to turn the treasurers books over to the new treasurer of sorority...A simple act I thought, until arriving at Community Bank where "Betty" was waiting for me and Kate said "So you called and the paperwork is in place to make this change?" "UH no, we just want to change names on the account for the new treasurer to write and sign the checks," said I, thinking how difficult can that be?..I won't go into the entire story but the change didn't happen...Our card hasn't been updated since 2008 and we have to have signed papers from 3 people (one has moved away) to remove them from the card before we can add someone else to the card...GGGGRRRRRRR!

Second on my list was to buy chickens on sale at Joseph foods...They started stocking Ranger chickens about a year ago and have them on sale periodically...To me they have a better taste and firmer meat than Foster Farms chickens...I quit buying "Southern raised chickens years ago"....Herb and I made a quick trip to Joseph Foods to buy these chickens because they sell out fast...Home with 5 of them I proceed to wash, cut up and package them for the freezer...Herb helps with the packaging and soon I'm cleaning up the sink and cutting boards and the job is done until the next time they go on sale and we can stock up again...Hugs to All...OWAV:)







No comments:

Post a Comment