Friday, September 21, 2012

Mustard Pickles...49º

House is quiet, old routine resumes...It is an early morning today, woke up at 3:30 after a restless night...The continual ache in my knee makes it hard to get comfortable and something seems to be catching inside there...Sooooo I will be glad when surgery is over and hope it takes care of the problem knee, and that recovery is speedy. -:)

I made mustard pickles yesterday, 12 colorful jars all lined up before adding them to the cellar shelves...This recipe was handed down from my Mother, who got it from her Mother...It can be a planned assortment or simply what happens to be left in the garden...This year I added patty pan squash to the original recipe of cucumbers, peppers, cauliflower and onions...It varies every year but it is always sweet with sugar and sour with the cider vinegar...I love it with chicken strips and sometimes use the sweet/sour mustard sauce that surrounds the pickles for a honey/mustard dressing for our winter salads.


Middle (middle)
We had leftover meatloaf in a "tomatoey gravy" for our dinner yesterday, then iced my knee and relaxed on the deck reading and resting...Herb is making a Costco run today but I'm saving my knee from the cement floors, so I can go to "Fiddler on the Roof" with Pam tonight...More about this tomorrow...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment