Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday....48º

Guys are off hunting, I have jelly to make and tomatoes to roast, which means the end of the BLT's...I have had my fill of tomatoes and cucumbers but know it won't be long before I wish somehow I could have saved some fresh ones...I will have to be content with pickles from the cellar and roasted tomatoes from the freezer.

Had a good day yesterday, Russ and I got the Oregon grapes juiced, jars ready and this morning I will put it all together making jelly...I also have a quart of plum juice that I have been saving and I will turn that into jelly...Pat called with an invitation to go yard saling if I was feeling mobile...A great way to get me out of the house and an excuse to stop at Arrowhead Chocolates for a mocha...No luck at the yard sales.

Home again the sauerkraut and summer sausages were ready to go on the table, added a pan full of mashed potatoes and we had our own Alpinefest dinner...Wallowa County is having it's last HOORAY as it has revived Alpinefest this year, it seems to be a hit as Pat said the Lake area is crowded with people and the Joseph Main Street lined with cars and people of all ages enjoying the beautiful fall day...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment