Friday, October 21, 2011

Birthday...43º--60º

Idella and Mona
Celebrate!...I made it another year...Won't go into the aches and pains, joint stiffness, wrinkles, thin skin, and all the other stuff...Amazing how the years keep ticking away, and I'm just happy to be alive...Found this photo of Mona and I in my vintage photos...I'm about  4 and she 10, taken before we moved from Porterville to Lake Fork.

Pat and I are walking, then going to Arrowhead Chocolates for a decadent treat.
 http://www.arrowheadchocolates.com/  Herb mentioned something about going to dinner later in the afternoon... Talked to both kids on ichat yesterday with birthday wishes from them... A loaf of whole wheat olive bread arrived in the mail, yesterday, from the "Wall kitchen" just in time for Herb and I to soak up the juices of a dinner of ham and beans.

Speaking of yesterday, we planted our usual 200+ garlics, for the year... Herb makes the trenches and I push the large garlic cloves into the ground, cover them with dirt, pile straw on top and then we forget them until next spring... Easy to grow and such rewards they give us as we share them with friends, neighbors and relatives...After choosing the best cloves to plant, Herb will dry most of what is left, then I will chop it in the cuisinart and we will have garlic to last the winter.

Looks like decent weather for the next week so will spend more time outside cutting, digging and mulching before winter weather sets in.... Good day to all....  OWAV:)

1 comment: