Friday, October 7, 2011

COLD...40º--55º

Indian summer turned cold, it snowed!..Not enough to stick for any length of time but forced us to pull out coats, turn on the living room heater and feel the dread of winter, as it encloses us like a black shroud.

Winter was fun when I was a kid, and again when I learned at the age of forty to ski...Couldn't wait to bundle up in all of that gear and head for the ski hill...It took a while to get over the sick to my stomach feeling as we left home but that was mostly because of the chairlifts...The exhilaration as I "sped" down the bunny hill and later more advanced runs, remains with me still...Never got expert by any means but for ten years it was so much fun...I still love watching a snow storm, sweeping the walk and immersing myself in the clean, fresh feeling of winter...Time passes so quickly at my age that winter will be over in the blink of any eye!

Have to go help my friend Ruth with her yard sale...At the age of eighty one she is renting her house, has bought a motor home and is starting on a new adventure...I wish her luck and happiness...~OWAV:)

2 comments:

  1. I seem to remember "rolling" down the bunny hill!!!! Ha, Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also skied on the Bunny Hill in McCall, but after a few times got tired of holding the rope tow to get back up so I straddled it :) that caused them to shut it all down to get me off...I am sure my mom was sitting in the car laughing...am sure others were not...no more skiing for me!!!as I wouldn't do the lift...too high and scarey...:)I do love snow though just not ready for it yet...

    ReplyDelete