Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yoga (again) 36º--60º

My second adventure into yoga started yesterday...With Pat's encouragement I purchased my own mat this time, one with a little more "cush" for our mature bodies... this is a morning class called "gentle yoga" another plus for me...I joined four other students and our instructor, Amy (the same Amy in my "We 3" writing group)...Amy is a Wallowa County "girl" and also the one and only acupuncturist in the county...She is a kind and gentle person herself, so I knew the class had to be okay!!.She took special care to make sure that all of us young and old alike were aware of the fact that we should do nothing that made us hurt...Hold the pose as long as it felt comfortable but come out of it for a rest, if needed... then go back into it...I rested several times, so did others...It is not a competition...I was surprised how quickly the time passed and we were soon resting and relaxing as the session came to a close...I made the remark at the first of the class that I would pay for the entire session, otherwise I probably wouldn't be back for the second class...But as promised it was gentle, rejuvenating, yes even relaxing...See you all next week...OWAV:)

2 comments: