Monday, October 17, 2011

Lazy Sunday...32º--60º

Sunday was the perfect day to read a book and since it is book group this morning that is what I did most of the day...I finally finished "Major Pettigrews Last Stand"...I really liked the story line but the description, metaphors, similes, got a little mind boggling at times...Such as,

"My son?" ask the Major with surprise.
"Didn't you know he was here?" asked Alec, his eyebrows stretching like two rabbits getting up from a nap.

Really, "Can you picture this?"  I have never seen eyebrows that big or rabbits that small...Anyway it went on and on like that through the first part of the book...Several months ago I started the book and put it down for this reason....Now I persevered and finished the book...It was a delightful story and the second half of the book didn't seem so full of description or as Pat suggested I skipped over it or just ignored it.

Sunday morning the weather was dense fog, rain, cold and a little windy...I fixed baked potatoes (from our garden) and baked squash (I bought at the farmers market in John Day) for our dinner along with cole slaw and deer steak...Everything was fresh, local and wonderful...OWAV:)





No comments:

Post a Comment