Thursday, October 6, 2011

Published...38º--48º

Country Magazine contacted me via email three days ago, with the following message...

Hi Idella!

I'm writing from Country magazine. Back in February 2010, you sent us a story called Country Learnin' and I'm just wondering if you have the original photos that go along with that piece? If so, it would help if you could make copies of them (at your local Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) and send them to us.

If I don't hear from you soon, I'll give you call. Or feel free to call me at 414.423.0100 ext: 3854.

Thank you!
Kirsten Sweet



What did this mean? I wasn't sure...Yes, I had on a whim, nearly two years ago, sent in a story about my first day of school at Wood Grove...A one room school house in Lake Fork, Idaho, suggesting they do a series on one room school houses...So I called and talked to Kirsten, asking are you just interested in the photos or are you using the story, will it be published?..I ask these questions in a calm, quiet voice, instead of...

REALLY, YOUR GOING TO PUBLISH SOMETHING I WROTE... YOU'RE KIDDING ME RIGHT!..


Come December of this year my Vignette "Country Learnin'", plus photos will be published in "Country" magazine...Pinch me!..I don't know how much of the original story that they will use or how they might change it and didn't ask...I can't believe it is really happening and probably won't until I have the magazine in my hands and read it for myself...Maybe I should get a subscription?


Idella 
I met Pat at the Joseph school track that morning walking about two feet off the ground, we did a little happy dance...think we made six laps, don't know if I was out of breath from the walking or the excitement...We went to write group, shared the news with them...and did another happy dance...I'm back to earth now, but there is a little spring to my step...But maybe that's from my new shoes that came via UPS yesterday...
Hugs to all~OWAV:)



5 comments:

  1. Congrats Mom. This is so cool. I'm doing a happy dance for you. love bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being my best Cheerleader!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Della!!! This is such great news - although, I must say, I'm really not surprised. Can't wait to read it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dancing, dancing, dancing on the ranch for you! Even the bison here are cheering, tails up! That is SO EXCITING! I can't wait to see it in print. If this doesn't inspire you to keep sending out more, I don't know what will. You've got a perfectly enjoyable vignette style for magazines just like that one that are out there. And your longer essays for your family (and more) can find a home in print someday too. I've no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH and you have this picture of you when we looked alike...can't wait to get this magazine...Kim said "cool"

    ReplyDelete