Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hectic...38º--60º

Twin Peaks
Yesterdays sunrise was quite spectacular showing both to the east and the west...I took a photo of twin peaks (west) and the clouds above...Makes me wonder, do other places have a "Western" sunrise?

I spent close to an hour on the phone and computer with Marija (Mar e ta) from Country Magazine...After having been told two weeks ago, to copy my photos and send them snail mail (Marija hadn't seen them) she wanted me to send a large attachment by email... We finally figured it out and she said they are really only interested in the one photo, not both and now they have everything they need to finish my story for publication in December...I hope.

Pat arrived promptly at 9:30 to pick me up and we spent the next hour and half at our yoga class...Then we were on our way to Walla Walla...The Elgin City Park seemed like a nice place to eat our lunch, warm enough to be outside and I could show Pat when my Mom used to live...On our way again, the drive to Walla Walla is so lovely any time of the year and more so now with the fall colors...We arrived at the dental clinic with minutes to spare and Pat was only there maybe 15 minutes...On to another medical office, where she finally succeeded in scheduling an appointment in December with a dermatologist...Stopped at Bimart to shop, then to Andy's and Edwards Farm...Back over  Tollgate, stopping in Elgin where we shared a burger and fries and home about 7pm.

Trivia: On the way home I was relating a story to Pat and used the word "defugalty"...She immediately said, "That's an interesting word, I've never heard it before."  So this morning I typed it in (Herb helped with the spelling) and it could not be found in any of the dictionaries, so I googled it...Hope your day is free of defugalties.... OWAV:)
defugalty-

A great difficulty; a quandry. It is not located in any modern dictionary, and the references to the word are, for the most part, quite obscure. However, this word remains in common use and most individuals who use it say that they have used it since they were young. Can also be spelled defugilty.







2 comments:

  1. I've never heard you use that word before. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The far reaches of my mind, I guess?

    ReplyDelete