Saturday, October 29, 2011

Productive...40º--

The last two days have been somewhat productive...We have 13 more jars of pickled beets on the cellar shelves and apples have been cored, sliced and dried for winter snacks... Today I will fix more apples to dry and some for the freezer...Then on cold winter days we will have apple desserts.

Pat and I have been walking most days, her the prodder, pusher and inspirer to get me moving...Yesterday we visited the "Methodist Market", the church's annual fund raiser... Then we walked the streets of Joseph, talking, laughing and dodging potholes as we went...What a workout...talking relieves frustration, laughing is good for ones soul, and dodging potholes keeps us focused.

At home I fixed our dinner of deer steak, parsnips and sauteed squash and apple crisp a la mode for dessert...Good thing I went for a walk!  OWAV:)


1 comment: