Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Another Marathon...42º

Cooking smells woke me in the night...I fought my way out of dreamland, remembered that I had sorted, rinsed, added roasted peppers, garlic and onions, to two kettles of beans and Herb lifted them into the oven for me...Set at 200º there were cooking away...All was well, I went back to sleep...I got up at 4am added more water to the beans and will leave them to cook a few more hours...Later this morning I will brown ground beef and deer, add tomatoes, chili powder and other spices and then the mixture will be ready to fill jars and start the pressure cooker...For the next two days our house will be filled with the smells of chili and sounds of my 80 year old pressure cooker hissing away.

The sourdough starter is on the kitchen counter bubbling away and will be ready to make a batch of bread either today or tomorrow...Pat, Amy and I are having a We 3 lunch on Friday...Physical therapy is going well and my knee finally feels like it belongs to my body!..Single laps around the track may happen depending on the weather...Katey returned my October essays with positive reviews and suggestions to improve the story to keep readers interested...I'm working on that and trying to come up with another 15 pages for November...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment