Sunday, November 11, 2012

Crispy Cold...12º

Up early on this cold day...A million stars greet me as I peer out the back door into the dark morning...Everything is still and covered with frost...I turn on the coffee and the heater...Pull on my red wool socks and continue gazing at the stars until the coffee is ready...Only one puzzle to do this morning, then I work at cleaning off my desktop of accumulated "stuff" and on to my documents file where I purge other stuff that I hope I never need again...I would much rather be playing games!

Yesterday Pat and I stopped in at the "Methodist Market" to do a little Christmas shopping...Homemade goodies and crafts of all kinds...I bought mincemeat for Herb's annual pie and Pat bought Pesto and dried pears...Soup and pie was on the menu but we passed since it was only 10am... We decided to go on a little adventure before we lost all will power and ended up at the chocolate shop...Amy showed us photos of her possible new investment soooo up"Old Ski Run Road" we went...After looking, backing up, turning around, a call to Amy, we were finally on the right road BUT I stopped Pat from driving all the way down a hill thinking maybe we wouldn't get back up...I got one of her looks as she turned the car around and I think she called me a "Wuss"!

This brings a smile to my face as I think back the past three years that we have been friends...Much of that time we have spent in a car going to Dr.'s appointments, yard sales and pleasure trips...Both of us, WE think, are "decent drivers" and neither of us is shy about giving comments and advice about driving depending on who is the driver and who is the copilot...It boils down to when I'm driving Pat is apt to say "Della, do you see that cow standing in the road up ahead?" It is broad daylight, the cow is black and yes I can see the cow...I raise my eyebrows and quietly say, "Yes Pat, I see the cow and thanks for bringing that to my attention." On a day like yesterday, I said, "Pat, maybe you should shift down instead of using your brakes so much on this snowy road." Pat is thinking, Della, I know how to drive and its not slick, but she reaches for the gear shift, smiles at me, and we creep down the hill...Neither of us gets mad or testy, so far we just make each other laugh...I think we realize that at our age, maybe it does take two set of eyes for our driving adventures as we look out for each other.

Time is wasting, sun is up, looks like it might be a glorious day in Wallowa County and I have a box of apples to peel for pie or sauce or apple butter...Hugs to All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment