Saturday, November 3, 2012

Procrastination...39º

A friend of mine always puts a positive spin on things and describes procrastination as her "strongest weakness"... I like this..."Things" usually don't get done in my life until I've had time to think about them and sometimes I worry them to an early death...That means I end up never doing them and in the end it doesn't matter...I have another friend who laughs at me and the many times I answer her with "I'll have to think about that."...She likes to get things done...Not tomorrow or the next day but NOW!

Some of the things I've been thinking about are rearranging the living room because the room needs to be cleaned and because where my chair sits now I can't see out the window...Another thing is cleaning out cupboards, closets and drawers...One more thing on my list is making a hugh batch of chili to pressure cook and add to the cellar shelves for winter...How do I prioritize these things in my mind?..It comes down to when push comes to shove---Nothing bad will happen if the living room doesn't get done within the next week or even month...The drawers, closets and cupboards will still close without things falling out...but the chile making is becoming more critical...Why now you might ask?..November is the time for turkeys and beef...Both of which have to go into the freezer...The freezer is still full of ground beef, deer meat, roasted onions and peppers that I've saved to put in the chili...Aaaah Haaaa, now do you get the picture?..Today I "think" I will have Herb get meat out of the freezer and then we should have time to at least partially rearrange the living room...But first I have to take a shower and he has to unload and split the wood he brought home yesterday and, and...We are retired after all and Rusty is coming home today so maybe he can help with some of the heavy lifting...Tomorrow is another day, we hope....Hugs to All....OWAV:)...




No comments:

Post a Comment