Sunday, November 18, 2012

Change of Plans....25º

The second batch of Chex Mix came out of the oven and the oxtails went in to simmer at 200º for a couple of hours...Veggies chopped and waiting for oxtail soup...Finally I could do a couple of batches of fondant...Herb had his load of wood unloaded and was relaxed in his recliner...I had turned down an invitation to go to the Wallowa County Symphony with Pat and Brian, something Pam and I have done in previous years and I really enjoy...Only problem??...The venues in Wallowa County leave something to be desired...School gymnasiums are designed for basketball games, do not have the best acoustics and the seating is "folding chairs"...The company would have made up for all of that but the fondant was calling me...Della get the hell in the kitchen and make the fondant, the kids will be here in four DAYS...I reached for the heavy stainless steel pot, recipe is in my head, THEN the phone rang..."Della are we going to the musical in Elgin?"..."I don't know Pam, are we, where are you?"

I called and Teresa said, "yes I have tickets for the Saturday Matinee."...One hour later, Herb had instructions on how to make the soup, I had changed clothes, ran a brush through my hair, my car was waiting...Two hours later found Pam and I sitting in comfy seats at the  "Elgin Opera House"  a bag of popcorn and a pepsi to share...The voice in my head and the word fondant had completely disappeared from my brain...For the next two hours we sat back, relaxed, transported back to the songs of the late 50's in a musical review called "Forever Plaid"...We laughed, clapped and sang along and both kept saying "I'm sooooo glad we did this!"

Now it is Sunday morning, Herb needs a haircut and the fondant is calling again...Maybe today I say...If you get a chance, call for tickets and take in the show "Forever Plaid"...I think you will have a good time....Hugs to All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment