Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fun Day...25º

Mostly fun anyway...Morning PT was hard work as Aaron works my knee as well as tries to improve my balance...I'm standing on a 3" foam pad, wide stance...He is behind me arms ready to steady me if I need his help..."Okay" he says, "Close your eyes, only for 30 seconds." I close my eyes, for what seems like an eternity, my body bobs and weaves, I bump into Aaron's hands, that steady me and I breathe a sigh of relief when he says, "times up." He lets me rest and then after two more times of this, (I do improve) with shaky legs, I do the vine steps, then move to the parallel bars for lunges and stair steps...Last we work on range of motion, massage and I'm on my way out the door, until next week...Aaron makes these visits fun as we keep up a friendly banter for an hour...He is young, married with 4 children and extremely dedicated to and proud of his family...Yesterday I heard about the tooth-fairy's first visit to their house...His eye's sparkled as he related the story of helping his 6 year old pull his first tooth and the excitement of the next morning when the tooth was gone and money was in its place...He listens to my stories of stocking the cellar and cooking from scratch...He often says, "Really you do that?"

At home I iced my knee, caught up on email, puzzles etc. was just finishing a chat with Bobi, and prodding myself to get up and start some chex mix or a batch of fondant when the phone rang...Marsha said, "Is Della ready to play pinochle?" I had totally forgotten this date on my calendar!.. Two minutes later I was out the door, leaving Herb to keep the fire stoked...I was a little nervous, haven't played pinochle for nearly 20 years and never played with a double deck...Our hostess served a "laced" coffee drink, I drank it knowing that the caffeine was going to be a problem...Oh Well, my mind was concentrating on families, marriages, 60 queens, 80 kings and pinochles...To bid or not to bid...I PASSED...We played a practice hand, they assured me it was all in fun...I relaxed a little...Hand after hand, little things came back to me and I grew more confident, helping my partner, taking some tricks...about the 5th hand I had sense enough when I perused my hand, noticed I had a family+ and 2 aces in every suit to know that I should bid...We easily won that hand and eventually came away the winners for the day...I arrived home after 5pm, Herb had the table set and helped me make Philly/cheese sandwiches for our dinner and we relaxed for the evening...My evening stretched to nearly 10pm, the caffeine keeping me awake...Was it worth it, YES, I had a good time and maybe they will invite me again...Hugs to All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment