Thursday, November 1, 2012

Calm, Quiet...41º

A breezy Halloween night with one little "Goblin" at our door...Herb and I had just finished making and bagging the popcorn when we heard voices on the front porch...One excited little boy, proud parents in tow, on his first Halloween adventure.

Yesterday I had an 8am PT appointment...I did the bike and our usual routine with ankle weights to strengthen the knee...Then into the treatment room to work on range of motion and Aaron found more and bigger knots, behind the knee and the back of the thigh...I grimaced in pain, wanted to cry while Aaron seemed to enjoy making me squirm, saying it will feel better when it stops hurting!...AND it does!

I went from PT to the grocery store and from there to see my friend Jane who has moved from the hospital to the nursing home...Before the last hospital stay she lived near us in an assisted living facility...I have never been to this nursing home...I didn't want to go but knew I must...The NH is bright and cheery and Halloween was in the air...Many of the residents and staff had dressed for the occasion...I visited with Jane in the big open room where her recliner is and then in her room where we looked at photos from the recent wedding of a granddaughter...She is able to move herself about in a wheelchair and seems in good spirits as she talked about family and friends and the upcoming visit of her daughter...She is doing PT and regaining her strength...My visit was longer than I had intended, she was delighted that I came and next time it will be easier....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

1 comment: