Friday, November 16, 2012

Road Trip...27º

My eye appointment was scheduled for 9am...leaving home before 7am we arrived in LaGrande in time for a quick stop at Grocery Outlet...Christmas "stuff" lines the aisles...I look, pick up a package of Christmas decals for our sliding door and move on...I head for the back wall and some special cheeses for appetizers next week...Herb adds potato chips to the cart...We check out and I stick my address label on the receipt, put it in the box for the twice monthly drawing to win what you save...Some day I'm going to win that!!.

Dr. Pettit's office is full of patients but the staff moves them quickly through the rotation and puts me through my usual tests before dilating my right eye...Dr. Pettit says the eye seems to be healing and its best that I just put up with the floater because to surgically remove it is risky...I have no intention of having surgery unless absolutely necessary and tell him so.

Next stop is BiMart, then the book store, I have boxes and sacks of books for resale as I've been cleaning out bookcases...We lunch at KFC today, stop at WalMart, D&B then hit the road for home...One last stop in Elgin for bread flour...LaGrande was cold and windy so nice to get back to some sunshine in Wallowa County.

This morning Herb is going to the log deck for a couple of hours and I must get back to either chex mix or fondant that didn't get started on Thursday...Stir fry is on the menu for dinner tonight.

Bobi blogged about Cienna's water polo season, so will share that with my readers...Water polo is over and Ci has started practice with the Beavers swim team...Go Cienna Go....Hugs to All...OWAV:)


Cienna, Coach and teammate 

1 comment: