Friday, November 30, 2012

Raining...35º

After 6 1/2 hours of sleep last night I awoke to the sounds of rain and a gentle breeze outside the bedroom window...A return to sleep didn't happen so I'm up...Finished with puzzles and just read Bobi's blog...Cienna swam in a swim-a-thon last night to raise money to help pay expenses (travel etc.) for the Beavers Swim Team...This girl has loved the water and swimming since she first went into the pool at the age of four and after enjoying water polo soooo much she decided to join the swim team.

Yesterday after PT I stopped for a visit with Jane, caught up on her family news and their Thanksgiving Celebration...Before leaving I pushed her to exercise class where she joined about 12 other residents for chair exercises...She seemed in good spirits and was redoing a scrap book for a grandson.

At home I made a small batch of caramel and left it to cool...Herb loaded the clean beer bottles into my car and I was on my way to Nicks house...He had everything ready, explained the process to me and 45 minutes later with me filling the bottles and he running the capper we had 52 bottles of IPA boxed and ready for me to take home...I tried to leave some of it with Nick but he said, "No it is all yours, that was the deal." Last summer I had purchased raffle tickets at a "Fishtrap" fund raiser and won the class and my choice of beer.

I fixed dinner of ham and eggs, canned peaches on the side...The caramel was cool and ready to cut into squares, not quite as dark as I like it but has a good flavor...I had just enough pecans to place on the caramel squares to make 3 dozen "Turtles"...Added these to the mints, butter rum, irish creme, butter nut, orange, strawberry cremes and peanut clusters already made...I have one more batch of mint and lemon fondant to dip, then I'm done...Well maybe, I haven't made Almond Roca for many years, I might do just one batch.

One last adventure with Pat today as she has a dental appointment in Walla Walla...Weather is supposed to be rainy, we hope no snow...So just us two "girls" will head over the hill, talking and laughing all the way...She and Brian leave Tuesday and will be gone for 2 1/2 months, visiting in California, Maryland and soaking up the sun in Florida...They will arrive back in Joseph just in time for Herb and I to leave for a Month in Arizona...Good thing we have ichat to keep us in touch...Hugs To All...OWAV:) PS, I must get my essay sent to Katey.


Turtles, Mints and Nut Clusters


1 comment: